Rangkuman materi bahasa inggris kelas XI SMAFull description
Bahas inggris bupena
Bahas inggris bupenaDeskripsi lengkap
kisi-kisi bahasa inggris xi
kisi-kisi bahasa inggris xi
Soal Bahasa Inggris kelas XIFull description
penelitian tindakan kelasDeskripsi lengkap
Contoh Soal Uas Bhs Inggris Kelas 3
penelitian tindakan kelasFull description
Soal ulanganFull description
LATIHAN SOAL SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS TAHUN AJARAN 2010-2011 SMA KATOLIK HIKMAH MANDALA JL. JAKSA AGUNG SUPRAPTO NO. 74 TELP. 0333-421655 BANYUWANGI 68416
Kelas XI Diresctions: In this part of the test you will hear some dialogs or questions spoken in Eng lish. lish. After listening listening to a dialog and the t he question about it,you must read the t he five possible answers and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard. 1.
yang diperdengarkan guru: Man : Whose book is this? Woman : It¶s mine. Man : May I borrow it? I do really want it to read. Narrator : What is the man interested in? a. Buying the book b. Lending the book c. Reading the book d. Discussing the book e. Explaining about the book
yang diperdengarkan guru: Boy : Mom,may I go to the cinema tonight, please? Woman : Why don¶t you go tomorrow afternoon? Boy : I can¶t. Today is the last day of the film showing. show ing. Woman : O.K , but don¶t come home late. Narrator : What is the boy going to do tonight? a. Seeing a film b. Studying togrther c. Watching television d. Doing window shopping. e. Hanging out with a friend friend Percakapan
yang diperdengarkan guru: Girl : Good afternoon,Sir Man : Good afternoon. What can I do for you? Girl : I¶d like to return these books Sir. Man : O.K Can I have your member card? Narrator : Where do you think the dialog takes place? a. In a parking lot b. In a laboratory c. In a library d. In a classroom e. In a canteen
4. Mark your on your answer sheet. Percakapan dan pilihan jawaban yang diperdengarkan guru: Man : it seems that you need something. Woman: My computer doesn¶t work well. well. May I use this computer? Man : _____________ a. My computer is at home b. I don¶t have a computer c. My computer is Sony Vaio d. Sorry, I have¶t finished typing my docu ment.
5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. Percakapan dan pilihan jawaban yang diperdengarkan guru: Man : I have have finished doing the assignment. May I leave leave now? now? Woman: _________ a. Not before the bell rings b. It¶s agreed c. You¶d better finish it now d. Of course I do 6. The tex tells us about __________ a. Where the igloo is built b. Where the Eskimoes live c. How the Eskimoes find their food d. How and where the Eskim E skimoes oes live e. Where the whole family sleeps together 7.
Why do the Eskimoes use a walrus ivory knife? Becouse________ a. It is easy to cut the food b. It is sharp enough to cut the animals c. It is more comfortable to find some food. d. This kid of knife doesn¶t stick to the snow e. This kind of knife is useful to hunt for food
8. The purpose of the text is _________ a. To entertain the Eskimoes family b. To describe how the Eskimoes Eskimoes live c. To describe how the Eskimoes Eskimoes should their for food d. To tell why the Eskimoes should shou ld hunt for food e. To tell the traditions of the Eskimos 9. Why are permanent settlements useless to an Eskimo Eskimo hunter? Beco us _____ a. They have to untilize u ntilize the snow and convert it into a snug. b. Their permanent settlement are made of stone or earth c. Their permanent house are made of ice and snow. d. Their temporary house are made of ice and snow e. They me to take long distances to hunt for food 10. ³««Comfortable shelter for the Eskimo family.´ (Last Sentence) The undelined can be replaced by ___________ a. Proper b. Prescious c. Convenient d. Perfect e. suitable 11. Woman : All of them will be seven hundred thousand Rupiah, Sir Man : Can I pay with a credit card? Woman : I¶m sorry, Sir. You should pay in cash. Man : O.K. Here is the money How should the man pay for the articles he ought? a. In cash b. By check c. By transfer d. By a note e. By credit card
12. Man : Would you please turn off the TV? Woman: Sorry. It is my favorite program. Man : But, it is too lound. It¶s really really annoying me. I can¶t concentrate on my work. What does the man ask the woman to do? a. To turn on the TV b. To concentrate on her work c. To watch TV d. To turn off the TV e. To return the TV to the t he shop 13. Man : I¶d like to borrow this book, please Woman: O.K Man : Anyway,how long can I borrow it? Woman: one week,please. Where do you think the conversation takes place? a. At home b. In a canteen c. In a library d. In a laboratory e. In a school hall This text is for question 14 and 15 What are house in cold co ld climates like/ let me tell you. In cold climates,there is more rain and snow than t han there is sun. So the houses ho uses have steep,sloping roofs, so that snow can slide down from the top otherwise there is a risk of the roof break ing under the weight! The windows are small, to keep the t he warm air inside,and the cold co ld air out. The walls are large and painted, to absord as much as heat as possible. Rooms are small and the beds are often four-poster. In Russia, the beds are often mounted o n big,ceramic heaters! When it is cold,there are also a lso fewer of the daylight hours which bring valuable heat from the sun. this is why,until quite recent ly, the kitchen was the main room of o f the house, getting heat and light at the same time. Today, the house in many cold countries have central heating and electricity to give light all through the da y. But not long ago, to read a book in the warm whilst it snowed and rained outside o utside seemend like a miracle-not only at home, but also at school. 14. Why do house in cold climates have small windows ? a. To bring valuable heat from fro m the sun b. To absorb as much heat as possible c. To keep the hot air out d. To give light through the day e. To keep the warm air inside 15. What is the main room of the house according to the text? a. The bedroom b. The livingroom c. The kitchen d. The bathroom e. The dining room This text is for question 16 and 17 Hundreds of home in the south west Jakarta have no electricity after the strong winds and heavy rain. In Karawang,an old big tree fell on two houses. Fortunately,nobody was at home.
16. Why is there no electricity in the sout h west Jakarta? a. Because of hurricane b. Because of thunderstorm c. Because of landslides landslides d. Because of strong winds and heavy hea vy rain. e. Because of light which struck the t he power plant.
17. ³««after the strong winds and heavy rain´. ra in´. The opposite meaning of the underlined word is _________ a. Fat b. slim c. Thick d. light e. Thin Thin text is for question 18 and 19 MEMO To
: Ivan,OSIS Chairperson
From : Mr. Hananto ,OSIS Advisor Advisor The monthly OSIS meeting, on Saturday, August 7,2010 is canceled because of the Principal¶s absence. The meeting is rescheduled on Monday, August 9,2010 after scholl in the OSIS room. Please be informed. 18. What is the memo about ? a. The meeting result b. The Principal¶s absence c. The OSIS advisor¶s absence d. The meeting cancellation e. The place and t ime of the meeting 19. Which of the following statements is Not true accord ing to the text? a. The memo is written by the OSIS advisor b. The OSIS meeting is held every week. c. The meeting is rescheduled for the t he following day. d. The principal cannot attend the meeting as scheduled e. The memo is addressed to t he OSIS advisor. This text is for question 20 and 23 Let¶s talk about English accents which vary from one English speaking country to another. If you live in a co untry where English is spoken widely,but is not the native language, you will have an accent that is easily recognized by people innative English countries. For example , if you live in India, Pakistan ,Bangladesh,China ,etc.,your best interest to listen to native speakers of Western countries and t ry to imitate their accent. American TV and radio stations often hire Canad ians as news readers and announcers because the Canadian accents tend to be more flat and more easily understood by practically everyone American acc ents tend to be regionally distinctive.
When imitating native English speakers, be wary of peo ple who live in New Zeland (they mangle the t he vowels) , Australia ( their English is full of low-class Cockney Slang´ Fetch us a coldie, luv), USA ( Strong drawl),certain draw l),certain eastern states of the USA (North Carolina, Tennessee in particular have ver y strong drawls, sometimes Incomprehensible to other) , Newfoundland ( very strong accent, different vocabulary). A ³ drawls´is a way of speaking that drags out the world, changing the vowels, such as´oil´ become´ ahl´,´five´ becomes´ faaav´. 20. The text is mainly about ________ a. American accents b. Australian accents c. English accents d. English countries e. English speakers 21. Native English speakers recognize whether someone is not native from his/ her ______ a. Voice b. oral ability c. gesture d. accent e. speaking 22. Why do many news readers and announcers in American TV and radios come from Canada ? a. Because their accent tend to be regionally distinctive . b. Because everyone has difficulty to understand their accents. c. Because they have very strong accent and different to others. d. Because anyone can listen to and imitate their accents easily. e. Because their accent is more flat and more easily understood by most people. 23. What area has a very strong drawl? a. Tennessee b. South Africa c. South Carolina d. New Zealand e. Australia For questions 24 and 25, chosee the correct words to complete co mplete the dialog. Rizka : (24) ___________for the presentation presentation tomorrow? Andri : Yes, I have. But I don¶t don¶t know how to present the material. There are many things to say. Rizka : Just chose some which which are important. And And it¶s better for for you to make make a summary Of the material. (25) ___________mine already. You may have a look. Andri : Thank You.
a. Did you prepare b. Have you prepared c. Will you prepare d. Had you prepared e. Do you prepare
25. a. Summarized b. had summarized c. have summarized d. will summarize e. May summarize This text is for question 26 to 30 The Sekaten ceremony is usually associated with the royal house of Yogyakarta and Surakarta. For now let us talk about the sekaten tradition of the Yogyakarta Palace. Sekaten is annually starting on the t he fifth fifth day da y of the Javanese month Mulud. People from Yogyakarta palace and villages v illages around the city still believe that by ce lebrating Sekaten,particularly by listening to the east o f the gamelan music, they success at work, good health and prosperous future. The first day of the ceremony cere mony starts at midninght with a procession of the royal servants, called the ³ abdi da lem´. These people are marching marching in two rows bringing two sets of gamelan named Kyai Nogowilogo and Kyai Gunturmadu. The magnificently uniformed palace guards escort this t his procession, leaving the Ponconiti Hall, to the Grand Mosque, Masjid Agung. At the Grand Mosque, Kyai Nogowilogo is placed in the northen Pagongan. These two sets of gamelan are played simultanaeously untik the 11 th day of Mulud. On that day, the two sets of gamelan are brought back to the palace again at midnight. It is worth knowing that several days before and d uring Sekaten,an exhibition is always held at the nort h square called Alun-alun Utara. 26. What is the text about? a. Yogyakarta Palace b. Surakarta Palace c. A. Sekaten ceremony d. Tradisional events. e. Javanes gamelan 27. When does the Sekaten ceremony start? On the ________day of the Javanese month. a. 4 th b. 5 th c. 6 th d. 7 th e. 8 th 28. What are the names of gamelan ? a. Kyai Nogowilogo and Kyai Gunturmadu Guntu rmadu b. Kyai Nogowilogo and Pagongan c. Kyai Nogowilogo and Ponconiti d. Kyai Gunturmadu and Pagongan. e. Kyai Gunturmadu and Ponconiti 29. According to some people¶s peop le¶s belief,what will they get if they listen to the ga melan music during the Sekaten? a. Better living and happiness b. Prosperty and happy future life c. Better future, wealth and happiness. d. Good health, peace and prosperity. p rosperity. e. Success at work, good health and prosperty.
30. What is always held at the north square when. a. A parade b. An exhibition c. A gamelan concert d. An art performance p erformance e. A traditional game 31. Boy : Do you you mind mind feeding my cat when when I¶m out,Lina? Girl : Of course not. It¶s my pleasure to help you. What can you conclude from the dialog? a. Lina cannot feed the cat. b. Lina is willing to feed the cat. c. Lina objects to feed the cat. d. Lina is reluctant to feed the cat. e. Lina is not able to feed the cat 32. Boy : A new dictionary,huh? Girl : Yeah. Boy : May I borrow it ? Girl : Of course . Here it is. What is the boy going to borrow? a. Novel b. A workbook c. An English book d. A magazine e. A dictionary 33. Woman: I¶m going to make a c hiken curry for our dinner. Will you buy bu y me some spices, dear? Man : No big deal , Mom Who is talking ? a. A brother and sister b. Two friends c. Te neighbors d. A mother and a son e. An aunt and a nephew. This text is for question 34 and 35 Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun. it is 228 million kilometers from the Sun and has two moons. A year on Mars is 687 days, while each day lasts for 24 ½ hours. Mars is a small planet, about half the d iameter of the Earth and one tenth t enth of its weight. It is often called the¶ red planet¶ because the iron oxide or rust in its soil. The Planet is a desert with the exception of ice cap s found at each end. On its dusty surfsce you will find boulders, bou lders, huge extinct volcanoes, giant canyons and what appear to be dried up river beds. Strong winds can blow up big storms of red dust. These make the sky look pink. The atmosphere on Mars is thin and co nsists mainly of carbon dioxide. 0 Occasionally, the surface temperature may rise slightly above 0 C. However, the average 0 0 temperature 1s -50 C and may drop to 135 C at the winter po le. 34. How many hours is a day on Mars? a. 22 ½ hours b. 23 hours c. 23 ½ hours d. 24 hourse e. 24 ½ hours
35. What will happen if strong winds blow up big storms of red dust? a. It will create some big dunes. b. The river will be dried c. Yhe sky will look pink. d. It will form giant cayons e. The weather will become very hot. The Tex is for question 36 and 37) Fire officials say the blaze that ravaged the federal records storage facility in Selma Valley is now under control. co ntrol. More than 40 firefigters battled the flames that erupted late Wednesday night. TV-3¶s John Jacobs asked firefighters Jennifer Jennifer Carry ir the blace may have been the wo rl of an arsomist. Because the fier involved federal records., the FBI has been called in to investigate. Earlier this afternoon TV-3¶s Sandra asked bureauchief Tim Ray about the FBI¶s Involvement.
36. What is predicted as the cause t he fire? a. The work of matches b. A gas leak c. A bomb explosion d. A hot temperature e. The work of an arsonist 37. Why was the FBI called ca lled in to investigate the fire? a. Because it was very mysterious. b. Because it involved federal records. c. Because it had killed many people peo ple d. Because it was a terrorist attack e. Because it brought a grat impact. This is fo questions 38 and 39 MEMO To
: Mr. Aryono , Vice Principal
From : Reno, the Committee Committee Chairperson Chairperson Date
: August 3, 2010
Subject: Invitation We¶d like to invite you to attend the OSIS meeting today at 2 p.m. in the school hall to discuss the inauguration night of the new OSIS committee. Please be informed. Thank you. 38. What is the agenda for the meeting? a. Electing the new OSIS committee b. Discussing the coming OSIS meeting. c. Informing the new OSIS commi co mmittee. ttee. d. Forming the new OSIS committee. committee. e. Discussing the inauguration night of the OSIS co mmittee.
39. What should Mr Aryono do according to the text? a. He should ignore the meeting b. He should come to the t he meeting on time. c. He should keep the information information for himself d. He should come after the meeting begins. e. He sould host the meeting well This text is for question 40 and 43 The Indian Peafow l When it bugles in its high-pitched voice, the male Indian peafowl spreads its tail feathers to form a giant fan-fit for a fashion fashion show! Living L iving in the wild, this cousin of the guinea fowl and pheasant is constantly on the lookout. Danger is never far in the tropical forests where it lives. Leopards and tigers eat peafowl for dinner! At the slightest sound ,the peafowl trumpets an alarm that echo es for almost a mile. The Indian peafowl generally files only when whe n it is danger. If frightened, it will noisily flap its wings and rise into the treetops. Peafowl
are creatures of habit. They sleep roosted in tree and trumpet at the t he same time every day,as if part of o f a ritual. During courtship, the male peafowl (called peaco ck) shrieks,´lee-YOW,leeYOW´. Then , with great showmanship, he spreads his magnificent blue-green tail features into a fan and perfoms per foms a mating dance. The female, or peahean (Whose feathers are grayish and who has no fan), easily falls under the charm of thw male-and who can blame her? Besides being ggodlooking, he¶s a talented singer and dancer! 40. Where does a peafowl live? a. In a desert b. In tropical forests c. In seashore d. In a highland e. In a cold area 41. What will the peawolf do when it is in danger? a. It willrun fast. b. It will change its body color. c. It will pretend to be d ying d. It will hide behind a big tree. e. It will fly to the treetops. 42. Which is the characteristic of the female pea fowl? a. It is good looking b. It can sing and dance c. It has grayish feathers d. Its tail has blue ±green feathers. e. Its tail feathers can form a big fan.
43. ³ At the slightest sound, the pea fowl trumpets an alarm«´ (Paragraph 1) The opposite meaning of the underlined word is _________ a. Hardest b. thinnest c. Softest d. Slimmest e. Smoothest 44. Dion : Keyra, did you see Anne? Anne? Keyra : No. I _______her since since this morning. morning. a. Do not see b. Did not see c. Won¶t see d. Haven¶t seen e. Saw 45. Andi Sonya a. b. c. d. e.
: When will you finish finish your assignment? : it ________tomorrow. Is finishing finished Will be finished Will be finishing Will finish
This text is for questions 46 and 20 The Ocean at a Glance Earth¶s surface is convered by about 140 million square miles of acean. 81 per cent of the Southern Hemisphere and approximately 61 percent of Northen Hemisphere are convered with water. The oceans are interconnected bodies of water including gulf gu lf and seas. The floor or the ocean o cean is commonly divided into four main parts. The firs is the continental shel which slopes gently gent ly outwards from the shore of the continent. It is about forty miles wide and four hundred feet deep at the end of the continental slope. At the base of this continental cont inental slope slope is the sediment which forms the floor or the sea beyo nd the continental rise, the deep seabed. On the deep seabed are strings of mountains known as mid-oceanic ridges, isolated mountains known as seamou nts, deep valleys or deep sea trenches and plateus or guyots. 46. Paragraph two is basically about _______of __ _____of the ocean. a. The self b. The slopes c. The bottom d. The mountains e. The main parts 47. According to te text, the following statements are true , except _________ a. The ocean in the Southern Hemisphere is large than that in the Northen Hemidphere. b. The continental shelf is as steeps as the co ntinental slope. c. The floor of the ocean o cean generally consists of four parts. d. The deep seabed of the ocean has a number of guyots. e. The ocean comprises bodies of waters.
48. It is stated in the text that ___________ a. The continental shelf lies under the t he continental slope. b. The landmass of the Southern. c. The continental slope rises gently from the co ntinental shelf d. The continental shelf lies above the continental. e. Mid-oceaninc ridges lie on the co ntinental shelf. 49. ³ The firs is the continental continenta l shelf which slopes gently outward «´ (Paragraph 2) The underlined word is best replaced by _______ a. Drastically b. Gradually c. Regularly d. sharply e. Steeply 50. What is the purpose of the text? a. To describe a particular thing. b. To entertain the readers. c. To explain how something so mething is created. d. To describe something in general. e. To persuade the readers that something is the case.