multiple choice questions in operating systemsFull description
This is a word document on marketing research quizFull description
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (Industrial Psychology) 1. Time and motion studies focus on A)
The The tim time e and and effo effort rt it take takes s to to tra train in a new new emp employe loyee. e.
The number of physical motions required to complete a workB) related task. C) The The way ways s in in whi which ch mach machin ines es can can be be bui built lt to make make hum human ans s saf safer er and and more efficient. D) 2.
Ways Ways to to avo avoid id inj injur ury y in task tasks s that that req requi uire re rep repet etit itiv ive e moti motion on..
Which of the following is most focused on the characteristics characteristics of the worker? A)
Human relations approach
Industrial ps psychology
3. Askin As king g an an inte intervi rview ewee ee for for a job job wheth whether er she she views views lying lying in a nega negativ tive e ligh lightt is is an example of a(n) A)
Structured in interview.
4. A sup super ervi viso sorr who who rate rates s all all her her emp emplo loye yees es hars harshl hly y on thei theirr ann annua uall assessments is engaging in A)
A leniency error.
The halo effect.
A central tendency error.
A severity error.
Which of the following is an example of 360-degree feedback?
A) An employee receiving feedback on her ability to successfully demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities B) An employee receiving feedback that has been completed by two supervisors, so as to avoid rating errors C) An employee evaluating her own performance and sharing that with her supervisor
An employee receiving feedback from her supervisor, her peer, D) and her subordinate
Which of the following is an example of a Theory Y management strategy?
A) Providing employees with a predictable work day that does not deviate from week-to-week
Encouraging employees to take responsibility for their own B) work activities C) Setting up routes of communication so that employees speak with their immediate supervisors; supervisors speak to managers; and managers speak to owners/CEOs D)
Punishing employees for being tardy to work
7. Allowing employees to focus in on job activities that are most consistent with their individual talents is an example of A)
Theory X management.
8. An employee who decides to stay at a workplace because she is concerned about the lack of other job prospects or because she does not want to relocate has A)
9. Rank the following views of people's work in order from least amount of personal meaning to most. A)
Career, job, calling
Calling, job, career
Job, career, calling Career, calling, job
Which of the following is an example of role conflict?
A worker who is going through a divorce and is unable to A) complete his job responsibilities B)
A worker who is having conflict with one of her subordinates
C) A worker who has just been promoted to supervisor and who is having problems relating to her supervisees D)
A worker who is being sexually harassed by his co-worker
11. The field of study that combines engineering with psychology to create products that are safe and efficient for people to use is called
A job analysis includes a focus on which of the following? A)
The economic value of a specified occupation
Creation of an employee manual
Providing employees with feedback about their job performance
13. An interviewer feels certain that he can tell who is lying in a job interview. His certainty in his ability is an example of A)
The halo effect.
Central tendency bias.
14. Sandy is interviewing for a job as a technical writer. She is asked to provide the interviewer with a five-page example of her writing. This example of her writing is known as a(n) A)
15. A worker who feels a personal stake in the company and whose ideas are valued by the company will likely A)
Perform well when a supervisor is present but perform poorly when
Perform poorly when a supervisor is present but perform well when